Look at all those bobbins

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Romanian Point Lace

From time to time I like to try out something new. For years I have wanted to learn how to do Romanian Point Lace. Of course I didn't know anyone who could teach me so it got put on the back burner. (Boy! that burner needs a bigger pot these days). Well I was looking through a Nordic Needle catalog and saw that they had a book for beginners. It is called Romanian Point Lace (A Course for Beginners) by Sylvia Murariu.

This book has some great beginner patterns. I am not good at learning technique's from a book so I searched online to see if anyone had posted a tutorial on making the cord required for the foundation of the lace. I found one by Sunshines Creations. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunshinescreations/2653581610


Within 10 minutes I was making the cord! Now it takes yards of this cord to do a small pattern so I am busy working on it and hope to have something to show soon!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I love that she has that video. I finally learned from another video, before this one was available, which is in the I.O.L.I. library. I'm an experienced crocheter but I could not understand the written directions for the way to turn to get started. I have a pattern for little teapot. I can't remember if you can access it from my blog or not, but let me know if not and I'll send it to you.