Look at all those bobbins

Friday, August 16, 2013

A Gift For A Friend

About two weeks ago my boss got the chance of a lifetime she couldn't refuse and left us to work for another company.   She had worked for our company for 27 years and her decision was not made lightly.  I am not sure who cried more the day she left (she was the best boss you could ask for) but we know she is going to do great in her new adventure.  She was not only my boss but is a dear friend and a fabulous dresser.  She has always been so supportive of my tatting I thought I would make her something to wish her much success. 
I like the pattern I used for the Seahorse so I combined it with chain to make the main necklace piece.  Then I decided that it needed a "wow" factor so I continued the pattern all the way around to make what I call the "Grand Daisy".  I also made some earrings to match.  I was a little worried as it seemed to be such a large piece but it was the perfect size when she put it on.  We'll miss working with her but she is only a call or text away!  And of course we  have promised to meet up to go shopping her favorite past time LOL! 
 



5 comments:

Michelle said...

I think you did a great job on the WOW factor! Lovely work.

Corina said...

Beautiful set!

Jane McLellan said...

Wonderful gift!

Madtatter80 said...

What a lovely gift to give her on her new adventure! you did a marvelous job look so well done!

Hopes Answer said...

Very beautiful. Lot of hard work. Excellent.